It’s that time of year for comfort food. Nothing says comfort, fall nights, or New England like chili! Check out my simple quick inexpensive recipe.
- 1lb of ground turkey or beef or mixed
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 cans of corn a bag of frozen corn
- 2 packages of chili seasoning
- Total seasoning (or whatever seasoning you use for your ground meat)
- Ground Pepper
Season and cook meat. Drain the meat by spooning out the meat out. This is to keep some of the meat’s juices; you can also not drain. Add chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and corn. Clean the black beans if they are out of the can, add to chili. Stir. Simmer on medium for 45 minutes to an hour. If you are not satisfied taste wise add more seasoning to taste. Serve with your favorite fixings like sour cream, shredded cheese and cornbread.
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you no pain unless it’s champagne!